Family pre-registration for the 2023 Back to School Event has closed.
Outreach (ongoing): Help us advertise the event in the community. We provide you with the posters and flyers, you find a place in the community to post it.
Collect supplies (ongoing): Go to donation drive locations in the community, pick up supply donations and deliver them to the Center for Human Services. Volunteer must have their own transportation.
Fundraising (ongoing): Host an event or activity to raise funds to support the Back to School Consortium. Have a car wash, bake sale, garage sale on our behalf.
Packaging Socks, Underwear, and Hygiene Items (ongoing): Volunteer at The WORKS by yourself or with friends and help package socks, underwear, and hygiene items. Contact (206) 393-4916 or [email protected] to schedule a time.
Please pre-register for volunteering.
– Set up: Assist where needed in setting up tables, tents, signage
– Check in families: Sit at table near entrance of event, greet families and check them in
– Distribution of items: Work at one of the distribution stations (hygiene, socks, underwear, backpacks)
– Event Support: Help assist at service areas, safety, line monitoring
– Clean Up: Take down distribution stations, pack up remaining items, clean up grounds
Date: Saturday, August 22
Location: Meridian Park Elementary